The Unseen Tours Quiz
Put your team, class or friends through their paces and test how well they really know London!
Following the success of our lockdown quizzes, we’re back with a new quiz about the Old Smoke.
Each quiz will be up to 90 minutes long, and have five rounds of questions, specially curated by our formerly homeless tour guides. Plus your event will be presented live by our very own Unseen Tours Quiz Master!
Plus, 60% of profit made from the quiz goes directly to the formerly homeless and vulnerably housed tour guides who helped curate the quiz. The rest of our income is reinvested into Unseen Tours for training and product development.
So, book a quiz for your team by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unseen Tours, is a not-for-profit social enterprise that trains and employs London’s homeless and vulnerably housed people, to lead walking tours of the city. With lockdown across the country, we have taken our guides’ expert knowledge to create a virtual quiz that brings people together and the curiosities of London to you. You can read more about our previous quizzes in The Conversation.
Who doesn’t like a bit of a friendly competition against their work mates?
If you’re looking for an effective team building exercise to bring your team together, let our local tour guides put you and your colleagues through your paces in our Unseen Tours Not-in-a-Pub Quiz.
Whether you’re looking for an alternative event for your freshers week, end of term gathering, society event, or conference social, our Quizzes are the perfect way to bring your students together again, wherever they are in the world.
For Friends & Socials
Our quizzes are a great addition to parties, reunions and all your social gatherings – the options are endless. If you’d like to discuss how we can make your event more meaningful with our quiz, please get in touch.
What you can expect from an Unseen Tours Quiz
- Stories from our formerly homeless tour guides.
- A variety of trivia, including history, film, theatre, London landmarks and a very special music round, all in easy-to-follow multiple choice format.
- Easy organising and management of events; simply tell us how many people will join your quiz and we’ll do the rest.
- We provide shareable emails on how to join, zoom links and forms for your team to submit their answers.
- A great prize for the winning team!
On the day:
Our formerly homeless tour guide will welcome everyone and share what we do at Unseen Tours, as well as their own stories.
- Then the quiz begins! All questions are brought to you live by our fabulous Quiz masters.
- Teams get together to discuss their answers (we recommend having a separate whatsapp / skype / slack or similar channel open for these discussions), and add them to the answer forms.
- All questions will be multiple choice, and we will give you a bit of time to discuss answers before moving onto the following questions.
- We recommend group sizes of four – five people for the best team-building experience, but are happy to have people participate as individuals too.
- The quiz will be divided into two halves. We’ll run through the answers at the end of each half to keep the competitive spirit alive!
- Along the way, you will also meet our tour guides as they share stories and hidden facts about London.
How Unseen Tours Quiz helps you:
- Bring your whole team together in a fun and entertaining way
- Make organising your virtual team-building events easy – we’ll do all the hard work for you, so you can sit back, relax and enjoy the event.
- Make a positive social impact by raising awareness about homelessness. The quiz encourages reflection and understanding of local issues, through a gentle combination of facts and personal stories. Our Guides know all that is worth knowing about London, and through the hidden stories they reveal, the walking tours are guaranteed to build a new appreciation of the streets around you.
- With questions ranging from London’s social history, film, music, theatre and famous landmarks. Our questions will test how well you and your colleagues know the Old Smoke!
How the quiz helps our tour guides:
Money raised from our quizzes help us pay our guides who are currently unable to work on walking tours due to the covid-19 lockdown.
60% of profit from every quiz goes directly to the tour guides, with the rest of the profits being reinvested into the company for training, so that we can help more homeless people in London!
The prize on offer
Our award winning walking tours of London make a great prize for the winning team!
We believe in giving our guides a platform and a voice, and empowering them to tell their own story. In this way, we provide them with paid work, confidence, opportunities to up-skill, and social inclusion.
Every aspect of the tours has been co-constructed with the guides themselves, making the Unseen Tours experience a genuine joint venture from the ground up.
At the same time, we offer a unique and eye-opening experience of London, to both tourists and long-time London residents. Our aim is to change public perceptions around homelessness in all its complicated aspects, and value the often untapped potential of people who have experienced it.
As part of our Quiz bundle, we are offering our private walking tours (usually priced £150) for £90 for up to ten people. The winning team will be able to choose a private walking tour of Brick Lane, Covent Garden, London Bridge, Shoreditch or Soho at a time that suits them, and discover a completely different side of London!
We are also able to offer gift cards for 2nd and 3rd prize winners. Drop us an email to discuss this!
Read Murphy’s experience of our Christmas Quiz on our blog.
We thoroughly enjoyed the quiz being played as a team, the stories provided by the guides gave us a personalised touch to the event, I would recommend a future event to others.
So fun and interactive! We loved the questions that the guides curated with their expert knowledge, and learnt so many quirky facts. Looking forward to the next one!
Loved the stories from the guides throughout the quiz. Really brought London to life, despite the lockdown!
The best way to learn more about one of the greatest cities in the world, created by people who definitely know it the best. Highly recommended.
Get in touch
We’d love to have a chat and help you add some extra cheer to your virtual team-building.
Email us at email@example.com to set up a time to have a chat!
Booking dates subject to availability. Reserve your date now to avoid disappointment.
What will I need?
You can join in our quizzes via smartphone or tablet or laptop, as long as you are connected to the internet. You’ll also be required to download Zoom. We’d recommend having access to a webcam for the best experience, but you’re welcome to join without a webcam too if you prefer.
What are the minimum and maximum group sizes?
We’ve run quizzes for groups ranging from 6, to 200, and don’t have a maximum size as such. For larger groups, we do recommend that you divide yourselves into smaller groups of 4-6 people for the best experience.
What countries can participants join from?
Any country around the world. We recently ran a quiz for an academic conference in Europe and had delegates joining from all over the world.
Do I need specialist knowledge to enjoy the quiz?
Not at all. Though a lot of our questions are themed around London and our tour areas, we’ve had people who have never visited London join and enjoy our quiz. With varying levels of quiz difficulty available to cater for novices and pub-quiz champions, so there’s something for everyone. Please get in touch with your requirements, and we’ll be happy to advise you on which quiz would best meet your requirements.
How do we prepare for the quiz?
We’ll provide easy to follow set up instructions so players can arrive ready and prepared and will send you everything you need, so you can enjoy the quiz!