Social Media Volunteer
As an experienced social media manager you will be a self-starter responsible for delivering the digital footprint of our organisation. You will be joining at an exciting time as we ramp up our social media engagement, build and retain our global audiences helping to convert them into leads, customers and advocates.
Your expertise will include the latest trends in social media, knowledge of how to launch social media marketing campaigns (both paid and organic), and how to respond to customer communication on our channels in a way that represents our business in accordance with the brand guidelines. You will also be responsible for analysing and improving our channel performance based on metrics which you will report to the Comms Manager and CEO regularly.
- Enhance brand awareness and ensure brand consistency across all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)
- Regularly post updates, suggest new content for and respond on behalf of Unseen Tours on all channels
- Work with comms manager to plan and deliver a social media marketing strategy
- Creative conception and execution of compelling digital marketing campaigns including content and measurement and analysis of results
- Collect, edit and feedback on the monthly content from the Guides
- Work with Digital Lead to optimise content and improve the customer sales journey
- Work with the Comms Manager to create Crisis Comms plan, and escalate issues to the Managers and CEO in a timely manner
- Work with the content leads to identify and liaise with relevant bloggers and influencers for sharing our work
- Distribute content which will educate, inform and entertain our audiences
- Design new social media content, and request new assets to help our social storytelling from the content creators, staff and Guides
- Find opportunities for social media engagement (such as Twitter Chats, relevant hashtags, other social media campaigns that the CEO and business should engage in) to further the reach of UT
- Regularly measure and report on metrics (ROI & KPIs) across all digital marketing activity
Our ideal volunteer
We are looking for someone who:
- Proven experience in growing audiences in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Experience in managing social media channels during difficult situations / of crisis comms is an asset
- Have a clear understanding on the content relevant to, and suitable for each channel.
- Creative thinker able to use data to inform decisions
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative and collegiate work style and a diplomatic manner as you will be working on overlapping initiatives from other departments
- Metric-oriented analytical approach with high attention to detail
- Is a confident, engaging writer with strong communication skills and the ability to write creatively, clearly, and compellingly, with an eye for detail and impeccable grammar
- Able to create content which meets brand and ethical guidelines, as set out by the CEO and Comms Manager
- Experience of working with marginalised people or within the travel / charity sector would be an asset.
Minimum time requirement for role: 7 hours per week (including the sporadic channel management / responses required)
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this role and joining the Unseen Tours family, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you write Social Media & Digital Content Volunteer in the subject of the email.
We will be reviewing applications and interviewing for this role on a rolling basis, so please do get your applications in soon. Good luck!